The precise scrolling feature allows you to display the step when a user scrolls down or up the page. Also, when the step gets out of the position due to element size or users' screen. Use this option to adjust the position of the step. By default, the step uses the position set with the Authoring Tool. However, there may be instances that the step is out of the position due to elements assigned to it, its size, or small users’ screens.
In this article, we’ll describe how to set up a precise scrolling.
Setting up a precise scrolling
You can set up a precise scrolling in the Authoring Tool while adding steps to your walkthroughs and tooltips, or in the Inline Manual portal if you want a global change.
To set up a precise scrolling in the Authoring Tool:
- While adding a step, scroll down to the Advanced panel and expand the menu.
- Expand the Scroll tab and click Override for this step.
- Choose Scroll type from the drop-down menu.
- Provide desired pixel values. In our example below, we set to scroll from Top to 100px and the rest to 0px, so it will first scroll 100 pixels then displays the step. Therefore if the step has a height that will fit, it will show at the top exactly as you want.
Great, we set up a precise scrolling in the Authoring Tool. Now, let’s see how to set it up in the Inline Manual portal.
To set up a precise scrolling in the global settings:
- Go to the Inline Manual portal and log in with your e-mail and password.
- Go to the Sites tab and choose a Site you want to edit.
- Go to Settings and choose Advanced settings in the menu on the left side.
- Scroll down to the Scroll panel and choose precise from a drop-down menu.
- Provide desired pixel values.
- Scroll down and confirm with the Save button.
Note that changing the value here will apply the settings to all steps. If you have a walkthrough or a tooltip opened in the Authoring Tool on another tab, you need to press the Refresh Button to apply the changes.