This feature is available only for Enterprise customers.
When a customer of Analytics requests IP address anonymization, Analytics anonymizes the address as soon as technically feasible at the earliest possible stage of the collection network. The IP anonymization feature in Analytics sets the last octet of IPv4 user IP addresses to zeros in memory shortly after being sent to the Inline Manual analytics. The full IP address is never written to disk in this case.
To enable IP anonymization:
- Login to Inline Manual portal with your e-mail and password.
- Go to Sites and choose the desired site.
- Go to the Settings tab and choose Advanced settings from the left side menu.
- Scroll down and check _IP Anonymization*.
- Confirm changes with the save button.