With autolaunchers, you can automatically launch topics for specific types of users. Autolaunchers will launch after the rule or segment is met. For example, you can use this feature to launch a topic only to new users, with a segment based on a rule about the account creation time. You can create a new autolauncher in the Automation tab. You can also use Create new autolauncher button in People tab. In this article, we'll explain how this feature works.
To create an autolauncher from the People tab:
- Go to Sites and choose a site you want to create an autolauncher for.
- Go to People tab.
- If you want to create an autolauncher that will target a particular segment, choose this segment on the left side menu.
- You can also add additional parameters to narrow down the list of users. You can add up to 20 parameters. You can use it just for targeting the autolauncher - you don't need to save it.
- If all the rules are set, click + Create new autolauncher to add an autolauncher. When you add new parameters without saving it, you'll see a warning from the browser informing that your changes were not saved. If you don't want to save it, simply click leave.
- You'll be redirected to the autolauncher edit screen. You'll see that the rules and conditions were transferred.
- Now you can continue with creating your autolauncher. Choose a topic that you want to apply to an autolauncher.
- Choose a number of plays - how many times the autolauncher should play the selected topic. By default, the autolauncher is set to play only once. If you want to launch the autolauncher several times, enter the specific number. If you want to play it again and again, enter 0.
- With Play again after, you can set up autolauncher to play topic multiple times. This setting allows you to set a minimum time interval to start the topic again. If you set it to 24 hours, the autolauncher will launch again after the 24 hours interval.
- Check play only if topic wasn't completed. Checking this option (checked by default) will make the autolauncher play only if it wasn't completed (the user didn't go through the whole walkthrough to the end).
- You can also check Allow users to dismiss this autolaunched topic. Choosing this option allows your users to opt out from the autolaunched topic. If the user has chosen to dismiss the autolaunched topic, the topic will not be launched automatically in the future whether the user has completed the topic or not.
Now if you want to, you can take advantage of advanced activation rules.
- You can select a language. The autolauncher will activate only when InlineManualOptions.language is set to appropriate language code (ISO 639-1 code e.g. en for English).
- You can select a device. The autolauncher will activate only on particular device category. Choose from All, Mobile or Desktop.
- You can also set up URL Match:
Pattern - Launcher is activated only when URL matches this pattern. Enter absolute URL with * as a wildcard: e.g. ://.example.com/*, :///some/path, :///?aa=&bb=123#xxx
Match (regex) - enter regular expression that should match.
Not match (regex) - enter a regular expression that should not match.
- With scheduled publishing, you can set up auto-publishing and auto-expiration dates.
- If all set confirm adding an autolauncher with the Create button.
- Create and deactivate button means that your autolauncher will be created, but inactive (paused). You can use this feature for creating "drafts".