Autolaunchers in Inline Manual
With autolaunchers, you can automatically launch walkthroughs for specific types of users. Autolaunchers will launch once after the rule or segment is met. For example, you can use this feature to launch a topic only to new users, with a segment based on a rule about the account creation time.
In this article, we’ll discuss the autolauncher feature.
Before you create an autolauncher
In order to play your guides and messages automatically, you need to follow these requirements:
If you have that covered, proceed to create an autolauncher.
To create an autolauncher:
Login to Inline Manual portal with your email and password.
Go to Sites and **choose* a site you want to create an autolauncher for.
- Go to Automation tab.
- Click + New autolauncher to add an autolauncher.
- It will open a form that you need to fill in with relevant data.
- Choose a topic that you want to apply to an autolauncher.
- Choose a segment. Default Segments are:
New users - the autolauncher will launch for users that were created (signed up) in less than 30 minutes and haven't seen the topic.
Everyone but new users - the autolauncher will launch for users that were created (signed up) in more than 24 hours and haven't seen the topic.
Everyone - the autolauncher will launch for all users.
You can also choose a segment you created.
- Choose a number of plays - how many times the autolauncher should play the selected topic. By default, the autolauncher is set to play only once. If you want to launch the autolauncher several times, enter the specific number. If you want to play it again and again, enter 0.
- Check play only if topic wasn't completed. Checking this option (checked by default) will make the autolauncher play only if it wasn't completed (the user didn't go through the whole walkthrough to the end).
- You can also check Allow users to dismiss this autolaunched topic. Choosing this option allows your users to opt out from the autolaunched topic. If the user has chosen to dismiss the autolaunched topic, the topic will not be launched automatically in the future whether the user has completed the topic or not.
- With Play again after, you can set up autolauncher to play topic multiple times. This setting allows you to set a minimum time interval to start the topic again. If you set it to 24 hours, the autolauncher will launch again after the 24 hours interval.
- With scheduled publishing, you can set up auto-publishing and auto-expiration dates.
Now if you want to, you can take advantage of advanced activation rules.
- You can select a language. The autolauncher will activate only when InlineManualOptions.language is set to appropriate language code (ISO 639-1 code e.g. en for English).
- You can select a device. The autolauncher will activate only on particular device category. Choose from All, Mobile or Desktop.
- You can also set up URL Match:
Pattern - Launcher is activated only when URL matches this pattern. Enter absolute URL with * as a wildcard: e.g. ://.example.com/*, :///some/path, :///?aa=&bb=123#xxx
Match (regex) - enter regular expression that should match.
Not match (regex) - enter a regular expression that should not match.
If all set confirm adding an autolauncher with Save button.
With autolaunchers, you can play your walkthroughs and messages automatically.
Use autolaunchers to:
· Welcome new users with a special one-time message
· Tell returning users about your new features
· Target key clients with invitations and offers
· Notify customers about upcoming changes
· Send personalized messages based on user behavior
· In some cases, you may want to reset the statistics collected by the autolauncher.
· Check the autolauncher troubleshooting guide to determine why the autolauncher is not working on the current page.