Site’s Advanced settings
The Authoring tool and Inline Manual’s Player work well right out of the box. However, you can use Advanced settings for further customization.
In the Advanced settings, you can:
· Set up scroll type,
· Adjust the Authoring tool selector settings,
· Choose which URL part you want to track in your Analytics,
In this article, we’ll describe all these options.
Accessing site’s Advanced settings
Login to Inline Manual portal with your e-mail and password.
Go to Sites and choose the desired site.
- Go to the Settings tab and choose Advanced settings from the left side menu.
Now, let’s discuss what you can set up in each tab.
The options available under the Authoring tab are there to help you configure the Authoring tool to assign elements to steps more accurately. Read more about the Authoring settings here.
In Inline Manual, there are 4 scroll types that you can use:
· Precise - it uses a custom method. It allows you to adjust options such as scroll position and scroll padding.
· Legacy - it checks if an element is inside a viewport. Then it uses native Element.scrollIntoViewport() method. It is the default behavior of scrolling.
· Native - it uses native Element.scrollIntoViewport() method without any additional checks. It will use browser's scrolling ignoring the scroll padding if set. You should use it when the target element is nested in multiple scrollable parents. This option does not allow any customization (e.g. animations) and may behave differently between browsers.
· None - it won’t do any scrolling. It is designed to be used in rare cases when scrolling the element into viewport would break the page layout (e.g. when there are global overflows).
We have a separate article regarding the precise scrolling option here. Precise scrolling is useful when the steps are not positioned exactly as you wish. Sometimes, if an element is bigger than the browser window, a step may appear to scroll too far. You can fix this by selecting “precise scrolling" and setting the desired values. For example, how much it should scroll when a step is being displayed.
iFrames Support is available to Enterprise subscribers. We can enable iframes on your request. Please send an email to email@example.com
In the Analytics tab, you can choose which part of the URL will be visible in your Analytics. You can choose just one URL part or all of them depending on your needs. For example, if you have a single page application, you most likely will use Fragment (#anchor).